October 24, 2018 10:00 Current Astrology Articles
Mercury in Sagittarius: Optimism, Enthusiasm, Vision!
On 31st October, 2018 Mercury moves into Sagittarius to stay until 1st December.
Time to think positive, look at the big picture and share your vision! Forget the past and never mind the details. Where do you want to go next? This is your chance to imagine a brighter future!
Mercury rules our everyday thinking and communications, our network and daily commute, short journeys, trading and all daily interactions. So, how well you communicate depends on the placement of Merucry in your birth-chart.
When Mercury transits through a particular sign that sign colours the way we think, talk and engage with the world.
Sagittarius is all about exciting future possibilities, vision and adventure! It is uncomplicated, enthusiastic and impulsive, always on a quest for new experience.
As Mercury climbs on horseback and stretches the Archer’s bow toward distant horizons, prepare for your mind to become enflamed with the promise of new vistas and unlimited possibilities!
Good things to do with Mercury in Sagittarius
- Focus on the big picture: what’s it all about? What do you want in your life?
- Seek meaning in your day-to-day experience. Things that appeared disparate and unconnected a minute ago might start linking up to reveal a pattern for you now. So pay attention!
- Visualise your future. Do some creative visualisation or write a script describing your life exactly as you want it to be. Just let your mind soar.
- Read about foreign cultures, travel or learn a new language. Your mind thirsts for knowledge right now and for something new and exotic, so take your pick!
- Study a demanding or inspirational subject. The mind is more open to abstract concepts at this time, so don’t be shy.
- Laugh your head off. After Mercury in Scorpio’s long broody silences and scathing remarks, it’s finally time to let your guard down and have a good old laugh.
- Get things off your chest. Honesty is a big turn on right now so why not stop beating about the bush and just blurt out whatever it is you want to say?
- Sell your ideas. This is the dream-time for gurus, salesmen, politicians and preachers the world over! As our minds thirst for new ideas and for something that we can believe in and get excited about, those who have something to sell can truly come into their own now. So, make your pitch! Go big. Use pictures and graphs.
- Engage in a hot debate. Discussions tend to become passionate with mercury in Sagittarius so, if you’ve always wanted to try your hand (or argument), jump right in. Freedom of speech is a given now, so you should have a good chance of being heard.
- Explore your potential. This might be your intellectual abilities; or the potential mileage you can get out of an idea, or a whole range of promising ideas. Give your mind lots of room to explore every possible avenue. Just play for now – no need to commit yet! You can worry about what is feasible and what is not after December 17th.
- Speak up; sing; shout, shout and let it all out! (Indeed quite a few famous singers have Mercury in Sagittarius)
- Communicate your vision!
The challenges with Mercury in Sagittarius
- Beware of being too blunt and lacking in tact. Sagittarius doesn’t have much patience for the pleasantries, but you might inadvertently hurt someone with your words. So try to judge the situation or you’ll step right in it!
- Mercury in Sag tends to be sloppy and impatient with the details. Try to read the fine print if you are signing a contract, no matter how boring this may seem at the time.
- You may well make a whole load of promises you cannot keep now. Your intentions are no doubt good. But your enthusiasm is running away with you.
- Get ready for loud voices… If you have rather sensitive ears – say you have Mercury in Cancer or Pisces – then you may find the high decibels of Mercury in Sag a little too much to cope with. Get earplugs.
- Beware of a lack of concentration or a short attention span. Mercury in Sagittarius is constantly on the move and constantly on the look out for excitement easily losing interest and moving from one idea to the next. To really stick with a subject, make sure it speaks to your soul.
- Come up for air! Discussions may be heated at this time, so make sure to regularly pop up for a breather – especially if you have Mercury in an air sign
- Logic and the facts may be easily overlooked in all this excitement – beware of convincing yet faulty reasoning.
- This is not a good time for implementing ideas that need painstaking care and attention to detail. Leave that for after the 17th December, when Mercury enters Capricorn and a more rational and down to earth attitude will begin to prevail.
Think of this period, until 1st December, 2018 as the golden time to explore daring ideas. With Mercury in Sagittarius until December 1st, we are in for an injection of enthusiasm and optimism in the run up to Christmas. Use this time to blow away the cobwebs, seek new visions and open your mind to new possibilities. What may seem like a distant dream right now, may well be a first step toward a new reality. Discover what you are passionate about! You never know. There might be one or two ideas in there that are your future in the making!
I dream for a living – Steven Spielberg
Celebrities with Mercury in Sagittarius (note the presence of voice and vision!)
Frank Sinatra, Jimi Hendrix, Maria Callas, Tina Turner, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Bjork, Edith Piaf, Ludwig van Beethoven, Isaac Newton, Steven Spielberg, Woody Allen, Charles de Gaulle, Indira Gandhi, Marie Antoinette.
Date Modified: Oct 25, 2018 14:07:51HoroscopeFriends