Venus in Scorpio: Sex Me Up!
Venus rules relationships and finances. When Venus enters Scorpio, this is a time to deepen your relationships and the way you handle money. No more skating on the surface. September 23rd - October 17th 2016 is a time to look more closely at all the dynamics at play.
Lady Gaga’s Bad Romance perfectly sums up the energy of Venus in Scorpio:
“I want your love and I want your revenge…I want your love, I don’t want to be friends.”
Venus has just been in Libra, which is all about charm, beauty, ease and cooperation. When Venus is in Scorpio, it’s now all about loyalty, obsession, power, control and intensity.
Good things to do while Venus is in Scorpio
- Look at your shadow side – the parts of you that you would rather keep hidden
- End a dishonest relationship i.e. if you are involved with someone who is married, or you are no longer in love with the person etc.
- Be prepared to break completely from a relationship that is no longer working
- Allow yourself to experience surrender with a trusted lover
- Catch up with friends who really went through something deep with you
- Go on a detox and purge yourself of old energies
- Cleanse, fast, purify your body
- Go through your wardrobe and ruthlessly get rid of things you no longer wear
- Study sexuality, eroticism and the art of love
- Make yourself look and feel sexy
- Treat yourself to good food and sumptuous surroundings
Whichever of the 12 houses in astrology Venus in Scorpio is transiting in your birth chart, will show the life-area that will be triggered during this transit. For example, if it is in your 4th house, you may have a strong compulsion to spend money on refurbishing or redecorating your home. If it is in your 9th house, you may feel compelled to take a trip to a distant country or destination. If it falls in your 5th house, you’ll have a desire to gamble: maybe on the lottery, at the casino or perhaps on the stock market. Wherever it falls, you will probably feel a strong desire to spend money!
As Venus rules your finances and your relationships, it could play out in either area for you. If it falls in your 7th house of relationships, you may meet someone that you feel very strongly attracted to – just make sure they are available and not in a relationship with someone else. Or you could end a destructive behaviour pattern in an existing relationship. For example, if you have found out that your partner has been lying to you, you may decide to give them one last chance, but if they do it ever again, the relationship is over. No going back.
Famous people with Venus in Scorpio
Silvio Berlusconi, Hillary Clinton, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jodie Foster, Mahatma Gandhi, Bill Gates, Uri Geller, Bruce Lee, Vladimir Putin, Martin Scorsese, Steven Spielberg, Gore Vidal, Denzel Washington, Tiger Woods.