On June 16th we have a New Moon in Gemini - a sign that rules the mind. It’s time to set your ideas into motion! This new moon is closely conjunct action planet Mars, giving your thoughts and words extra oomph and fire power.
Easily bored Gemini likes to frolic on the surface of life thriving on constant stimulation by new people and ideas. This feeds Gemini's curious and strong mind. With the Moon and Sun coming together in Gemini
, this is a time to use your head rather than your heart - be curious, experiment and try on various ideas for size
We tend to underestimate the power of the mind and feed it all sorts of rubbish, thinking thoughts that actually do not serve us. This is your chance to sit up and take notice of the thoughts that preoccupy your mind on a daily basis and choose to act on only those thoughts that can improve your life! Your mind is highly fertile now and an idea is sure to take root in it. Choose the best you can.
As Keynes said: Ideas shape the course of history. And yours certainly shape the course of your own life.
So ask yourself:
What thoughts support me in my endeavours?
Has the time come to act on an idea?
Is there something I need to learn?
Is there knowledge I want to share?
For instance, you may have been thinking about starting your own business but you’ve been reluctant to do anything about it. This is the time for you to take a more positive and pro-active approach! If you think you lack the know-how, it’s time to change that - whether it's fact or mere perception. Do you need to set up a website? You will find that there are many easy ways to get started if you only look around a bit on the web. Need to go on a course? Start looking at what there is. Let your curiosity lead the way. Find out as much as you can: What’s out there? Are there any courses that interest you? How much do they cost? How long before you are ready to launch? What is your competition? What is the main idea behind your business? The main thing is to change your perception about what you can and cannot do and to get started. Remember: you can do anything you set your mind to!
Or it may be that you have been dwelling on a problem, going around and around in circles. This New Moon conjunct Mars is sharp like a knife!
It is your chance to cut through all the nonsense and make a decisive new start.
It also gives you the courage to speak up for what you know to be true.
This New Moon is also square Chiron
, an asteroid that represents parts of us that are wounded and cast out from our perfectly ordered little world. This moment offers a chance to heal past hurts and integrate the disparate elements of your life by choosing to think and act with greater compassion for your own weaknesses
. But you cannot do this without enduring the pain necessary to face up to the truth and make a clean cut
This new moon sets you off on a steep learning curve - a fact-finding mission.
Bear in mind that Mercury
, ruler of Gemini, has only been direct for four days and your mind is still a bit wobbly. This makes it prone to error but also malleable - which is great for learning, experimenting with new ideas and eradicating unhelpful thought patterns. So do your research and keep your options open. Play around with brave new thoughts that feel empowering and can change your life for the better.
Here's a few that capture this New Moon perfectly:
No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
You don’t make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing your ideas.
Often the difference between a successful man and a failure is not one's better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on his ideas, to take a calculated risk and to act.
You sit at the board and suddenly your heart leaps. Your hand trembles to pick up the piece and move it. But what chess teaches you is that you must sit there calmly and think about whether it's really a good idea and whether there are other better ones.
If you have a planet or point at 25 Gemini
, where this New Moon happens, get ready for a major new beginning in the area of your life represented by that planet.
Not sure how to figure that one out? Check out your free birth-chart
for any planets around 25 Gemini, then find out what each planet in astrology
represents! Alternatively, you can call one of our expert and friendly astrologers
on 0207 111 6384 to find out what this New Moon has in store for you personally!
The Gemini New Moon Energises a Different Life-Arena for Each Sign
- Aries: starting a business, improving communications, siblings, commuting, learning something new.
- Taurus: finances, increasing your assets, generating greater security, making the most of your talents, improving body and health, managing personal resources.
- Gemini: a fresh start with the things you want out of life, aggressive self-promotion, personal goals, leadership, renewing your appearance, name, identity
- Cancer: frantic activity behind the scenes, kick-starting secret preparations, paranoia and facing your personal demons, invigorating your spirit, psychotherapy.
- Leo: join groups and networks, find allies, make a new beginning on a social level, energise and pursue your dreams
- Virgo: energise your career goals, start a business, raise your public image, a new start in your career, make a name for yourself, bosses and parents.
- Libra: embark on gaining further education, kick-start a publishing or advertising campaign, plan or embark on a long journey, raise your academic, religious or intellectual profile.
- Scorpio: Cut through the red tape and sort out joint finances, loans, taxes, savings, grants and benefits; energise your sex life; broach a difficult topic and get it sorted.
- Sagittarius: serious romantic relationships and business partnerships get a new lease of life; set off in search of contractors and other professionals, actively reach out to others.
- Capricorn: kick-start a new health and exercise regime, pour all your energy into a new work project, communicate with your employees or coworkers.
- Aquarius: start a new creative project, make a fresh start in love and romance, try for a child, start a creative or entertainment business, speculative enterprises.
- Pisces: a new start in real estate, domestic and family affairs, a new idea takes root deep in your mind, the start of a family, a new psychological stance.