Horoscope Fun: 5 Reasons To Be Happy When Your Other Half is Not Around
"Let's spend tonight apart!”
Horoscopefriends is here to give you some ideas about how to have fun when your significant other is not around - and they're all based on their star sign!
You may be madly in love with your squeeze, but spending some time apart every once in a while can never be a bad thing. In fact, it can actually benefit your relationship by helping you steer clear of some of the most common pitfalls that can spell its demise, namely possessiveness and over-attachment. No-one can deny that the right amount of jealousy goes a long way towards keeping desire alive. But overly possessive or controlling behaviour is never a sign of a healthy relationship. And the same holds true for over-attachment; being joined at the hip with one's other half will more often than not lead to one or both partners feeling stifled and bored. So, no matter how much you may love your partner or enjoy spending time with them, you can still have fun without them! Besides, no star sign is flawless, so chances are that neither of you will mind taking a short break from each other. Here's a list of the things you can enjoy when your significant other is not around based on their star sign!
Five reasons to be happy when your other half is not around…based on their Star-Sign!
- You can do things at your own pace, relishing the serenity afforded by there being no one around to shout: "Move it, for Christ's sake! I haven’t got the patience of Job!" (Yeah, no kidding).
- You don't have to drive your car wondering whether you'll make it to your destination in one piece or whether you'll cause a pile-up due to being in a hurry for no reason whatsoever.
- You can take a break from the intensive training program you've been attending - you know, the one on how to deal with spoilt brats.
- You don't have to come up with arguments as to why going bungee-jumping or gambling is not a good idea.
- You finally get to call the shots, even if it's only for a while.
- You can walk around the house dishevelled and dressed in your pyjamas without having to suffer looks of silent contempt.
- You don't have to save money by turning off the lights every time you leave a room.
- You can fall asleep on the sofa without (having to save money by) switching off the TV.
- You can have yesterday's leftovers for dinner without even warming them up.
- You can call an ex to see how s/he's doing ("...because I care about her/him as a human being, that's all").
- Finally! A little peace and quiet! A well-deserved break for your ears. Enjoy the silence while it lasts.
- You can go hang out at your favourite bar for hours on end without someone constantly murmuring in your ear, "I'm bored; are we leaving yet?".
- You can watch TV for as long as you like without your Gemini incessantly commenting on the programs and switching channels every five minutes.
- You can unabashedly indulge your taste for sports magazines and celebrity gossip.
- You can engage in activities that befit your own age group instead of that of people who are ten years younger than you.
- You don't have to cook; you can order junk food.
- You don't have to answer your mother's calls. You don't have to answer your Cancer's mother's calls either.
- You can take advantage of your Cancer's absence to throw away useless memorabilia.
- You can crack jokes about your relationship in the company of other people without running the risk of losing your Cancer to suicide.
- You don't have to say, "I love you too", every 15 minutes.
- You don't have to pretend that everything, EVERYTHING, your Leo says and does is jaw-droppingly awesome.
- You can put on your sweat suit, go to the nearest junk-food outlet, and be part of the masses.
- You can be the centre of attention without risking your life by stealing your Leo's thunder.
- You can go shopping at an outlet store.
- You can reacquaint yourself with the public means of transport - you never know when knowing how to use them might come in handy.
- You can take a shower without having to clean up afterwards - that is, IF you want to take a shower.
- You can do the housework as sloppily as you like.
- You can let the dog lick your face without your Virgo freaking out.
- You can watch porn without being criticised or, even worse, psychoanalysed for it.
- You can go to bed in your work clothes - and without having brushed your teeth.
- You can watch a movie that hasn't been directed by Lars von Trier (such as "The Human Centipede"), read a book that hasn't been written by Nietzsche (such as "Fifty Shades of Grey"), or listen to music that hasn't been composed by Vivaldi (such as Miley Cyrus' recent album).
- You can eat with your hands.
- You can go out in your ripped jeans - which you usually keep hidden in the back of your closet.
- You don't have to shave.
- You can start a childish argument with a stranger and bask in the sheer pettiness of it all.
- You can check out other men/women without fear of losing a limb.
- If one of your exes calls, you can answer the phone.
- You can go have a drink with an acquaintance your Scorpio thinks is trying to undermine your relationship (there's definitely more than one of them, so you may also want to consider throwing a party).
- You don't have to spend the night discussing the deeper meaning or dark side of life.
- You can finally get some sleep; you don't have to practice Kama Sutra techniques.
- If you have a friend whose aunt's neighbour's cousin's son likes to go hunting, now's the time to call them - the friend, that is.
- You can lustfully gaze at your Sagittarius' pictures without fearing it might go to their head.
- You can read home decor magazines or watch "27 Dresses" without fearing you might never see your Sagittarius again.
- You don't have to wonder why your Sagittarius never showed up - this time around, you've really made separate plans.
- You can go out dressed as if you were invited to the Oscars.
- You don't have to put up with a backseat driver constantly shouting at you to slow down, be careful, watch out.
- You can go out, get wasted, and do all sorts of embarrassing things (without your Capricorn ever finding out).
- You can go to the supermarket and buy anything you want without having to compare prices, offers, and product sizes.
- You can invite your friends over for a pizza party on the spur of the moment.
- You can consult with one of our psychics about the future of your relationship.
- You don't have to recycle.
- You can do unto others as you would NOT have them do unto you without getting lectured about it.
- You can call your best friend and gossip to your heart's content.
- You don't have to turn off the lights every time you leave a room - you can take a break from saving the planet.
- You can eat non-vegan food without having to apologise for it.
- You can have a conversation with a friend about politics or the economy without having to answer inane questions you'd normally expect from someone who spent the last ten years on a godforsaken island in the middle of the Pacific.
- You can watch violent movies without having to suffer through comments like "This serial killer is really mean!".
- You can take a break from comforting your Pisces about their childhood traumas.
- You can go out without carrying change for all the street performers you'll come across.
- You can stay in and enjoy the fresh air. No scented candles, no scented sticks, no scented nothing.